Re: [orca-list] GUI Redesign or clearup and modernization

Orca's refusal to implement virtual buffers actually took the burden
off the screen reader to do its own website processing, effectively
creating a second browser, with all the extra resources that are
involved in making that work, and put it where it belongs, on the
browser itself to report all the right information on its own to the
accessibility stack and in turn to the screen reader. Virtual buffering
in Orca would turn back the accessibility clock for the browser market
in the worst way. Imagine what would happen if all our applications
needed a virtual buffer in the screen reader to communicate. We think
we have problems with accessibility now ...
Sent from the dirt that got swept off the floor yesterday