Re: [orca-list] GUI Redesign or clearup and modernization

My personal preference is something similar to the gnome-control-center
idea, whether gsettings is ultimately used or not. I have become
accustomed to that typ of interface over the past couple of years, and
rather like it. That said, the ultimate goal of getting everything into
gsettings seems like the best option in the long term, as it will
integrate nicely into gnome-control-center, and most desktop
environments where Orca can be used do use the gsettings interface in
some way, with the exception of probably Fluxbox and Ratpoison, which
are actually window managers rather than desktop environments. In the
short term, if possible, an Orca preferences interface that looks much
like the gnome-control-center window, where we can choose an icon to
set the settings we want to change, and then have an "all settings"
button to go back to the main list once we have changed the settings in
a category would be very nice indeed. I'm not sure that we can
currently have this interface without the "apply" and "OK" buttons to
reload the settings, but the overall style is good, even if we do still
need those, i.e. if settings can't be changed in realtime as they are
set.
Sent from my pillbox