Re: [orca-list] for anyone on the bleeding edge

Hi Zahari.

On 08/16/2015 12:39 PM, Zahari Yurukov wrote:

In the "Filling out forms" section of the documentation:
Orca Modifier+Right/Orca Modifier+Left for moving to the Next/Previous
object or chunk of text.

Those commands were because we didn't have browse and focus modes. So
you could get "stuck" in a form field. Now that we have browse and focus
modes, you perform that same task by switching to browse mode and
pressing Left or Right.

And, yes, I need to update the documentation. Once we get to code freeze
I plan to catch up on that work.

Is there any technical reason for that functionality not to exist at the
moment?

Like I said above, that functionality still exists. But it is -- and
always has been -- caret navigation functionality; not tree-based object
navigation such as seems to exist in NVDA.

I've begun working on cleaning up the flat review code. As I get further
along and have something to commit, then you can provide feedback on that.

--joanie