Re: [orca-list] Tutorial to learn ORCa with Ubuntu

Hi,
I would also recommend the Orca's help documentation (Orca+H,F1) - it is
a little outdated, but it explained to me many things I had hard time to
descover myself. You could also make use of Orca'S help mode itself
(Orca+H), and in the preference dialog (Orca+Space) there is a
keybindings tab, where you can find the Orca's key bindings for the
current context (i.e. those specific for FireFox won't show up, unless
you invoke the FireFox specific preferences with Orca+Control+Space
while Firefox has the system focus).
Also keep in mind that Linux is a different operating system, so it is
in many ways different than Windows. Fortunately, on the internet there
is plenty of information about Ubuntu and Linux in general, there are
also some books, so it's easy to find explanation of what you don't
understand.
Since you've mentioned the CLI, I'll point you to a book which I
descovered recently - I haven't had the time to read through it yet, but
at first look - it's promising:
The Linux Command Line by William E. Shotts, Jr.
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php

hth,
Zahari

На 11.08.2015 в 10:32, B. Henry написа:
I'd suggest starting with the vinux wiki. Vinux is based on Ubuntu, just has some things fixed to work
better with swpeech.
http://wiki.vinuxproject.org
There are articles in the how-to section on both commandline and graphical inteface usage as well as some
article on specific programs.