From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Storm Dragon
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2015 12:55 PM
To: Orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] a few questions

Howdy,
I personally prefer mate. Mate doesn't stop speakup from working in the console because pulseaudio is not a
dependancy for it. Pulse is what causes speakup to not work while the desktop is loaded. I also like mate
because it is more configurable and retains the look and feel of a traditional desktop while givig you access
to any of the new stuff you may want to to run. The panels in mate are a bit of a pita to deal with, but I
personally don't use them much anyway. there's also a problem that when you arrow across something it will
tell you it is unselected even when it is not. Other than that, mate is a great desktop. I assume those bugs
I mensioned will be fixed eventually. In the mean time, they are by no means show stoppers.
I will let someone else tell you about gnome3, cause I personally can't stand that desktop. It's better than
Unity sure, but not by much lol. Once again though, that's just my opinion, and there are plenty of people
who love gnome3 and use it every day.
HTH
Storm