Re: [orca-list] The State Of Linux Accessibility

On Wednesday 05 August 2015 05:17 PM, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
Unity is another accessible desktop.

My laptop is getting a bit long in the tooth now, but when I bought it in 2011, it was supposed to be a MacBook killer, so it was state of the art at the time.

I don't use Virtual Box, but I do use VMware Player, which is accessible with Orca. Virtual Box may be now as well, but I do know people using the command line to use virtual machines in Virtual Box.

I've been using Linux as my every day operating system since 2010, and in 2011 I took a job for a shop that used Ubuntu exclusively. In addition to using Orca with Thunderbird, Firefox, Libre Office and more, I also use Speakup in the console, Emacspeak with Emacs and ChromeVox with Chrome.

IMHO, your friends' information is dated or biased, and I tend to discount anyone who has such one sided views.

I share the same views as Chris.
Mine too as I said is just six months old laptop so not old one.
I would say at least I am surprised at such an extreme view.
Even the biased Free software haters (I know there are unofficial reasons here ) also don't have such extreme views these days.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.