Re: [orca-list] Changing speech synth

hi
It's quite a lot better than it was before you fixed it. Before it was
unusable. Now it's usable, but very slow. If I had to guess, I'd say
it was because of the very long list of voices that orca has to handle
when varients are on. Depending on how many varients are in espeak,
there could be up to 50 voices per language. I think espeak supports
something like 30, maybe 35 languages, so that could be several
thousand voices orca has to deal with. It all comes back to the large
lists I've been trying to get a handle on for a while, I think. I wish
I knew for sure.
Thanks
Kendell clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hi Kendell.

I thought I had fixed that lag issue. Or did I misunderstand what
you said here:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2015-June/msg00219.html?

--joanie