Re: [orca-list] Changing speech synth

Hi Kendell.

I thought I had fixed that lag issue. Or did I misunderstand what you
said here:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2015-June/msg00219.html?

--joanie

On 08/02/2015 05:59 PM, kendell clark wrote:
hi
If you're running the latest speech-dispatcher, which is version
0.8.3, you can actually use varients with orca now, finally. It's
disabled by default though because when you enable it it actually just
adds a lot mroe voices to the voice list in orca. So many that orca
has a serious lag issue when trying to navigate the list. If you want
to turn them on, edit /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak.conf. It's
in there, under espeak varients. This is supposed to only be
temporarily until speech-dispatcher gets a varients api which all
speech modules are supposed to take advantage of, which will enable
for example the different ibmtts voices. Who knows when that will
happen though
Thanks
Kendell clark

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use mbrola with Orca. In speech-dispatcher, I added
espeak-mbrola-generic, module I set by default. I installed fr1,
fr4, en1 voices. But actually, I cannot change voice. I just have
fr1.

Same thing with Espeak where orca doesn't enable to access to
variants (which are numerous on Espeak).

Same with Voxin when you've several installed languages.

How do you do, you? For instance, to use several languages with
Mbrola? In Orca? In speech-dispatcher?

Regards,