Re: [orca-list] smartphone with ubuntu and orca

OMG, I didn't send this to the list, but privately to Pavel instead -
and I've wondered why I haven't recieved any response (see the quoted
thread below).
There is an update however - I bought a BQ Aquaris E4.5 device and it
arrived this Monday, but I cant find any build-in accessibility nor in
the Ubuntu Store niether.

Joanie, are you envolved in the development of the accessibility in
Ubuntu Phone? How could I install Orca on it?

Best wishes,
Zahari

На 26.02.2015 в 17:22, Zahari Yurukov написа:
Hi,
I also would like to know what is the state of accessibility in Ubuntu
Touch, cause BQ's Aquaris 4.5 Ubuntu smarthphone is already in sale
and Meizu is expected to release its Ubuntu version of mX4 next month.
Last news I know are from august 2013, and that is that Ubuntu Touch
(or Ubuntu Phone back then) is accessible with Orca, but only with a
keyboard, and the touch accessibility support is already in progress.
Now it is 2015, and Ubuntu 15.04 is already on its way. It is strange
though we haven't heard anything about touch accessibility.

I'm using Android 4.4 smartphone for an year now, and have used a
Symbian smartphone for several years before that, but if I'm able to
use an Ubuntu smartphone I'll do the switch immediately.
So if anyone has any information - please share it with us.

Best wishes,
Zahari

На 14.02.2015 в 23:14, Pavel Vlček написа:
Dear users, can blind users use Ubuntu smartphone? Is it accessible
with Orca screen reader? Thank you, P. V.