Re: [orca-list] my impressions about the Unity update and a question

On Saturday 18 April 2015 03:31 AM, B. Henry wrote:
Luke did the brain busting to get the dash to speak.
Luke, great work.
I would wish to also contribute some thing if I could to make this better.
Infact I am still waiting for the further sections on Orca scripting manual, although I think this was more of a unity issue. Another thing I find rather irritating is the fact that Orca some times fails to read items in the top panel menu bar. For example if I am on the system menu, and if I press down arrow constantly, only few items are announced. For instance I don't get any output when I am over down or even system settings. I have made myself count the number of down arrow hits till I come to what ever I want so I don't have a serious issue. But these things seem to be very irritating for a new user when some times top menu items are announced properly while some times not.
Any response?

I think that hints thing is never goint to be usable for us, and if I remember correctly is not going to give
the kind of info a blind user will need

Perhaps you are correct.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.