[orca-list] Possible Bug with Structural Navigation

Howdy,
When structural navigation is turned off, shouldn't orca pass all key presses  to the browser? I turned
structural nav off, and pressed alt+shift+3 to use a keyboard shortcut, but kept getting the messages no
headings at level 3.
Thanks
Storm