Re: [orca-list] Possible Bug with Structural Navigation

Hey Storm.

On 09/22/2014 07:15 PM, Storm Dragon wrote:
When structural navigation is turned off, shouldn't orca pass all
key presses  to the browser? I turned structural nav off, and
pressed alt+shift+3 to use a keyboard shortcut, but kept getting
the messages no headings at level 3.

The "list of" dialogs, even though they are technically structural
navigation related, were deliberately separated out from what happens
when you turn off structural navigation keys. The reason being that
unmodified letters and numbers (like H and 3) are fairly likely to
conflict with native application behavior. Alt+Shift+H, Alt+Shift+3,
etc., on the other hand, are far less likely to conflict. So you can
do Orca+Z to be able to use H and 3 in the app and still be able to
bring up Orca's lists of elements. Having said that, if you find this
decision a bad one, I suppose I could do a blanket disabling of them.

Please let me know what you think.
--joanie