Re: [orca-list] Issues with objects descriptions in Firefox

Hello,
Thank you verry much for the adjustment. I think now I am happy with what I am getting.

Greetings

Peter

On 15.09.2014 at 03:13 Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hi Peter.

Now if you use structural navigation to move to an object with a
description, that description should be presented. If you arrow into an
object with a description and if that full object is presented, the
description will be presented.

In the specific case of links, that means if you Down Arrow or Up Arrow
into a link and that link gains focus as a result, the description will
be presented. The description of other links (and for that matter other
objects on that same line will not be presented). This is intentional,
being done to avoid the unwanted presentation and chattiness that can
result when authors put titles on everything for the sake of the tooltip
that will result. In addition, independent of descriptions, when you use
Left or Right Arrow to move into a link, Orca presents the character you
just arrowed to; it does not announce the newly focused link first and
then the character in that link you just arrowed to. This behavior is on
purpose and it's been that way for quite some time. If you disagree with
it, feel free to start a discussion here and see if everyone agrees. If
so, we can change that behavior. In the meantime, the implication of
this is that if you Left Arrow or Right Arrow into a link, the
description will not be presented (just like the role is not presented).

I hope this addresses your wishes.
--joanie