From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of B. Henry
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:29 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Is Orca support plug-in architecture ?

Thankls Alex.
I'd completely forgotten about this. This was the first and only plug-in I put in NVDA for a long time.
Again, there may be new goodies I do not know about as I've had a pretty much windows free year now, sadly
have not even installed or checked out last couple of nvda releases, but the OCR was the only plug-in that
really did much of value I found, at least that effected more than one program.
I thought about this for orca since day oone, and I'd put this as pretty high priority.
Would it have to be integrated as a plug-in, no, but this is the usee case I was lookiing for to justify some
serious man hours, (or even woman hours perhaps), gooing in to a  plug-in system. I say perhaps, as I'm still
not sure whether our fearless leader shoud spend her time on this in an idel world, or if therre's any chance
of others doing some of the heavy lifting here.
I'd not be upset either way honestly, and do not know the technical requirements of actually creating an
archetecture that would allow integration of diverse extras in to Orca as compared with just adding an OCR
this option as a one off project.
--
B.H.