Re: [orca-list] Part of the solution to the clickable spam

My personal prefference would be to have this as a seperate option from verbos/brief, i.'e include the
announcement in
verbos as you have done, but have the announcement of clickables switchable so that it could be turned on for
those of us
who use the brief setting with out the whole verbos announcement set. That way it could be turned off if
needed, but
generally left on.
I'll have to listen to the delay to see if it would be something I'd always notice with orca speech set to
brief as is my
custom.
For many sites there'd be no issue, but when one is not familiar with a site, i.e. one doesn't know if there
are
clickables it might be an issue.
I suppose one can be listening for and easily able to notice
pauses, will just have to try some.
Yes, I knew that at least in the past VOA let you click on any word for a deffinition, but I never tried it,
and do not
remember hearing this before. That they could be tooltips never occured to me, and as I have announce
tooltips turned off
I'dnot  have heard this anyway, but I assume they are not announced as tooltips anyway from the way the post
quoted below
is worded; will check anyway.
Thanks so much for keeping us upp to date with the state of things.
Back to git!
Regardsg,
--
B.H.