Re: [orca-list] speech rate key bindings only partly work

To your question, I found that typing the text of a new message went at the slower rate I tried to set, but reading with the arrows pretty much disregarded that new rate. I say "pretty much" because there was one brief moment when reading seemed slower as well, but I could not reproduce it.

Yes, maybe setting up an additional profile or two may make sense; it's at least worth trying. I'd still want my new key binding to work well if possible, since changing the speech rate on the fly is quite helpful.

Al