[orca-list] speech rate key bindings only partly work

Greetings! With all the Orca revamping going on, I'm not sure now is the best time to bring this up, but it seems to have been a problem for a while.

I created key bindings alt-control-f and alt-control-s to speed up or slow down the Orca speech rate respectively. When I press the key I want repeatedly, Orca will say "faster" or "slower" with increasing or decreasing speed, as I expect. Sometimes, as when I'm arrowing through links on a Web page, it will speak at the rate I've set. Other times, such as on other parts of a Web page, in the actual text of a Bookshare book I'm reading with the Web reader, or in a text document using gedit, Orca will read at the old rate regardless of what I've done with my bound keys.

I usually have Orca going as fast as it can, but for reading books and some other things I need it slower. Those seem to be the situations in which the key(s) do not work. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Al