Re: [orca-list] speech rate key bindings only partly work

Sorry, got interupted and forgot to suggest that you make a 2nd profile for ebooks where you could define a
slower default
rate, and even use a different voice to make things a bit more interesting.
Do not forget that ou can use one of the variants found in your espeak-data directory by appending a variant
file's
contents in the voice file of your choice.
There's a  name line found in both the voice and variant files. You can just remove one of these, or use a
modified line
of your liking.
This will effect where the new voice is displayred by orca
 i.e. what it is called

Greetings!  With all the Orca revamping going on, I'm not sure now is the
best time to bring this up, but it seems to have been a problem for a while.

I created key bindings alt-control-f and alt-control-s to speed up or slow
down the Orca speech rate respectively.  When I press the key I want
repeatedly, Orca will say "faster" or "slower" with increasing or decreasing
speed, as I expect.  Sometimes, as when I'm arrowing through links on a Web
page, it will speak at the rate I've set.  Other times, such as on other
parts of a Web page, in the actual text of a Bookshare book I'm reading with
the Web reader, or in a text document using gedit, Orca will read at the old
rate regardless of what I've done with my bound keys.

I usually have Orca going as fast as it can, but for reading books and some
other things I need it slower.  Those seem to be the situations in which the
key(s) do not work.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Al