Re: [orca-list] problem with gparted

This
is pretty well known.
Just edit your desktop file in /usr/share/applications/ changing the exec line in gparted.desktop to gksu
gparted instead
of the polkit line that is used and you can start with the desktop file.
II use a keyboard short cut with gksu gparted as the command.
BTW, you will need to back up your modified desktop file as updates will overwrite it most likely. You could
put the file
in your home dir/.local/share/applications, but then it would only be for the user of course.
If it does not work with the simple gksu command in Ubuntu, add -w and you should be good to go.
Or -w root.
I can't remember which way worked for me but the Ubuntu I was using had a root PW configured, so that little
detail could
effect which option gksu needs for this.
Same, or similar is true for other desktops like fluxbox and xfce.