Re: [orca-list] iceweasel 31 strangeness

Hey Halim, all.

The traceback you cite below was fixed nearly a year ago. And Orca
doesn't have version support that gets added. In other words, it's not
like "before Orca didn't support IceWeasel 31; now it does." Granted,
sometimes things change in the browser which require a corresponding
change in Orca. But those are specific things which get addressed.

Also I just tried IceCat (I use Fedora; not Debian) version 31.1.1. And
while it's not exactly the same, it should serve as a reasonable test of
what happens in Orca with a Gecko-based browser that isn't mapped
explicitly in Orca. And from my tests, Orca's behavior is the same with
IceCat as it is with Firefox. So clearly *something* is going on. But it
sounds like it might be downstream and possibly solvable by upgrading to
a more recent version of Orca.

--joanie