Re: [orca-list] clickables not working for me on a site

OK, this was another case of fluxbox not recognizing an orca keyboard command.
Switching to mate got things working as I'd thought they should, and as they did for you and others.
It's not that any one keybinding does or does not work in fluxbox as far as I can tell as the couple or three
times Itried rebinding some command to
other keystrokes things did not work if they did not work with the originial default keybinding.
I need to go through the list and see just which ones do and do not work and see if there's any pattern I've
not yet noticed.
All I can say for sure as many orca specific keyboard commands do not work.
Sorry for not thinnking of this before sending the original email. I'm just so used to using fluxbox for most
things that I forget it does still have
some serious issues, at least for me.
I don't know why at least some of the keybindings/commands seem to work fine for some other fluxbox users and
not here.
I hope to be able to sort this out as my goal is to make an accessible fluxbox meta-package, package group
whatever a given distro's package management
system calls it that a novice Linux user can install and just start using as for underpowered machines this
gives a good experience where even something
like mate  is not quite so nice. Most everything has a fix or work around except for this.
I know you are busy and this will be at best a low priority for now anyway, but if you or anyone can think of
a tree to bark up, please let me know.
Not only is fluxbox great where system resources are limited, but it makes it pretty easy to take best
advantage of limited screen realestate such as on
netbooks which could be especially useful for low-vission users, and is good for anyone who looks at the
screen/I've gotten good feedback from my
sighted students who I have tried fluxbox on for sometime now.
And not announcing that somoething has been expanded matters little to me personally, although of course it'd
be nice, and probably is more important to
some others, especially those new to orca or screenreaders in general.
Regards,
--

B.H.