Re: [orca-list] about the best distro to a newbie and so on

This is good, and of course things will not be the same for all users on all systems.
I had less restart mailase with nvda than I had when I first used a modern OS/computer, winXP-pro with jaws 8
6 years ago.
I used to have to restart orca all the time back in gnome2 days, and I stopped using jaws for any
web-browsing for the same thing.
Orca could just berestarted, as could NVDA, but sometimes jaws had taken down a web-browser along with it, or
visaversa, most annoying.
In my limited testing of window-eyes it kept running, but I would need to spend a lot more time with it to
judge where it's good, bad and or terrible.
I'm not at all trying to say that any OS/distro is for everyone, even everyone who can choose more or less
freely, nor bashing any software in my heart
between the lines here.
One more comment though, to really see where LInux shines you do need to do a bit of tweaking.
I doubt any windows configuration I could come up with would  give the level of performance and flexability
that  I achieved with fluxbox and a few
scripts for my atom using netbook with 1GB of RAM, but running Unity out of the box is a bust, more options,
more chance to get something really good,
or not so practical.