[orca-list] about the best distro to a newbie and so on

Hello all,

Well, although I knew Linux for around six year and use a little, now I'm really using more and thinking about change from windows to linux.

But first I have some questions.

Is there any recommended distro to newbies, mainly with translation to brasilian portuguese?

If there is not, what the best distro/version to use? I have here ubuntu but I think it's a 13.x, but the orca is in the 3.10 version.

I'm a science computation student and we begin to really use linux, but I'm having many problems. I think that use a old version of orca can be the worst, hahaha.

Thank you all!
[]s
Felipe