Re: [orca-list] What is latest Orca/arch orca-git question

Yes, I'm well aware that one needs to manually check4/install updates for most git packages in arch, but my
issue is that doing so has not been updating
orca when reinstalling orca-git, been around two weeks now/and again, this has happened before when I'm
pretty sure that orca-master changed.
Actually, I started running my tmp dir as a normal directory, not mounted in ram as is default. This was a
necesity when using the netbook with only a
gig of ram as the whole entire available RAM was not enough to build some packages, especially if there was a
lot of stuff in /tmp. I even came close to
or did run out of room with 3GB for something shortly after installing arch this last time, so used this
non-standard configuration on this machine as
well.
The downside is that one needs to manuallyl clean out /tmp from time to time. I made an alias to do this,
well actually one for packer/yaoourt and
another for mutt.
It seems that swap space was not used when ram ran out for /tmp, not sure if this behavior can be changed
with a configuration setting.
This strategy has come in handyin another far too frequent situation, mutt freezes that almost never occured
for me on other distros. I've had to go in
to /tmp and retrieve email replies that would have taken a long time to recompose, and probably not get done
very well 2nd time around as my heart's not
in it having to repeat the task. Got to remember to clean out mutt files more often though as sometimes
there's a lot to look through for the message in
question, got to look up ls sort option to sort by date created or modified and script this recovery tactic.
Anyway, if I do keep my packer folders around it does of course speed things up as far as downloading goes as
only changed objects are pulled.
Thanks,
--
B.H.