Re: [orca-list] orca silent on skype and vlc media player

yup, this can be fixed. Open an editor at your home folder's .bashrc
file. Scroll down to the end of the file, new line and add export
QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1, save and close. There's supposed to be a file in
/etc/profile.d which  makes this system wide, but it's not working for
some reason in ubuntu. Restart and both should be accessible now.
Skype will still be troublesome if you're running 64 bit linux, and I
have no idea how to fix that, but some people on here have gotten it
working.
Thanks
Kendell clark