[orca-list] Braille translation not working - advice sought

Hello all,

I've just installed Arch Linux on one of my laptops. When I enable contracted braille support in Orca with a command on the braille display or checking the checkbox in Orca Preferences, I get either only the first character on the line appearing on the display, or a completely blank display.

I've verified that liblouis 2.5.2 is installed. If I run the Python interpreter (version 3.4.2 is installed), and issue "import louis", it imports the module without error. Also, uncontracted braille is fine.

Before I delve into Orca debugging, is there anything else that I should try. Can anyone else reproduce this issue?