Re: [orca-list] Solving "going all over the page" when trying to type in a textbox

Hey Kyle.

On 11/11/2014 10:35 AM, Kyle wrote:
Yes, automatic focus mode when using structural navigation appears to
solve part of the problem,

Yay! This is progress.

but a different bug may be causing most of
the problems I'm having. Going to
https://duckduckgo.com/
puts me on the search box and switches to focus mode automatically.
However, Orca very soon says "finished loading DuckDuckGo," and typing
into the textbox starts taking me all over the page.

Oh yeah, that one. I'll prioritize that. In fact I'll try to fix it
today. Today is proving to be silly and I was looking for something sane
to work on.

I'm also seeing
strange behavior in Youtube, where I am only allowed to type two to
three letters into the search box before it kicks me out of focus mode
and has me navigating again. I often find myself having to press extra
keystrokes to be sure I'm in focus mode or make it sticky in these
situations, in which case, I have to be sure I've turned it off again
once I'm done with it, which is a major slowdown by the time I realize
what I'm doing wrong.

Ok, I'll take a look at that today as well.

I apologize for such strong words regarding the
focus mode, but I have yet to see anything similar that didn't decrease
my productivity on websites.

I'm really sorry. But we can sort them out. And I'm pretty sure find a
way to restore your productivity, keep the performance improvements, and
also meet the needs of people coming to us from Windows.

Take care.
--joanie