Re: [orca-list] Queries regarding e-book readers for Visually Impaired

HI,

As you mentioned about e-book reader, the FBReader, CoolReader and Calibre e-book readers are widely used on Linux platform but I am also looking some other e-book reader that will support all type of e-book format and will accessible with Orca. So I have some information regarding to your queries

>> What are the tools available to read e-books?

:- The FBReader, CoolReader and Calibre are available for Linux and Android
platform. but FBReader and CoolReader have limited support for e-book format,
but Calibre support all type of e-book format and Calibre is open source for Linux platform but not for Android. Lucidor is also used for reading e-books but its have limited feature.

>>  Accessibility issues (if any) with e-book reader?

:-  The FBReader, CoolReader and Calibre are not accessible to orca. I used these e-book reader with Orca but Orca is not able to read these e-book readers. But Lucidor e-book reader is accessible with orca screen reader, but it have some issue while reading e-books.

>>  Navigation related issues with e-book reader?

:- while using these e-book reader they have limited navigation feature, if we press mouce-scroll button for zoom-in then it will not work as page number wise.
so these e-book readers have limited navigation facilities.

With Regards,
Dhairyashil

6.  Queries regarding e-book readers for Visually Impaired
      (Leena Chourey)

Message: 6