Re: [orca-list] guessing the labels of unlabeled fields, thoughts?

Hi Kendell.

Orca already does this for web content. The reason it does it for web
content and not for applications is that there are a bazillion web
pages and we cannot fix them all. In contrast, there are not a
bazillion native/desktop app dialogs and, as you pointed out, the risk
of Orca guessing is that Orca might guess wrong. Therefore, please
file bugs against the applications in question.

If the application happens to be a Gtk+ application, tell the
developer that setting the mnemonic widget property (a
non-accessibility thing), should give them the accessibility they need
for free. If it's something else and the application developer simply
cannot figure out what to do, please CC me on the bug or point me to
it so I can comment and perhaps help them to do things properly.

Thanks!
--joanie