Re: [orca-list] Heads up: App preferences now use the settings manager's backend

I compiled gdm to start with console 12, I have not tried it yet -- I
hope it does work, my console 1 is certainly not usable by gdm.

Vojtěch Polášek <krecoun gmail com> wrote:

Hi Joanie,
nice work, thank you for your effort.
I have a question; recently GDM changed the virtual console, which it
uses for display to console 1. For some reason, Orca still thought that
it should display braille on virtual console 7. I had to edit
settings.py manually to change it.
Now when settings.py is gone.... how is this configuration handled?
Thanks,
Vojta