Re: [orca-list] Changing the keybindings to be JAWS-like or

Which keybindings do you think should be changed?

Daniel

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM, John Heim <jheim math wisc edu> wrote:
Come on people! New users aren't going to know how to customize the key
bindings.  They aren't going to be able to use the screen reader in order to
change the keybindings. If they  could use the screen reader well enough to
change the key bindings, they wouldn't need to change the key bindings.

Well, I can recognize a certain value in leaving the key bindings the way
they are just because we are all used to them. Seems a little selfish to me.
Personally, I have sympathy for those trying to make the transition to
linux.  It is difficult enough to learn a new operating system as it is if
you are blind.