Re: [orca-list] Changing the keybindings to be JAWS-like or

I was just thinking today that someone might walk away from this discussion thinking the Orca and Linux community isn't receptive to such suggestions. I can't help what conclusions people draw, but I don't think this is the case at all.

I think this, and the related suggestions, are excellent ideas. As another Orca user, one who came from Windows and who moves between Windows and Linux every single day, I have a slightly different take, namely let's look for common key bindings, but let's not settle for an inferior model just to make it easier for those users making the transition from one particular operating system and screen reader. If Orca or any screen reader comes up with a better set of key bindings or user interface then people will appreciate that once they make the transition.

I am not an Orca developer, and I don't speak for the Orca development community. I'm just another user with a different opinion. I apologize if anyone feels like I crapped on them or their idea. I certainly don't feel crapped on myself just because others don't agree with my opinion.

I'm sure if anyone contributes any code to Orca allowing the easy simulation of another screen reader's key bindings then that code would be welcome.