Re: [orca-list] OT: Accessible project management software

On Sun, 11 May 2014, David E. Price wrote:

Does anyone know of project management software that is accessible? I'm looking for something that will allow definition and tracking of project goals and sprints, bug tracking, change logs, etc. I've tested YouTrack and Jira, and both are inaccessible.

My employer uses Jira, and while the web interface can be annoying, I've developed some strategies to deal with it.

First, I've found that I can go to an issue by simplyh entering <server>/browse/<issue> into my browser, which saves me a lot of time.

Next, our Jira instance was set up so that issues could be created and comments added via Email.

Third, I use a command line client to interface with Jira issues. This doesn't allow me to do everything I'd like, and the one I'm using has been superseded by newer ones that I've not gotten working yet, but it does allow me to quickly do things like resolve or close tickets, reassign them, update fields, add comments, etc.

Finaly, I've found that Jira Connect Professional for iOS works very nicely. The author is receptive to accessibility comments, which reminds me that I need to send him some feedback. I don't know which clients exist for Android (he says, trying to keep it somewhat on topic), but this appeared the best for iOS and I don't regret getting it.

That's not to say that Jira will necessarily fit your needs. I've not tried to do any Jira admin, and (getting back on topic) I've not tried to use it at all with Orca. But I thought it worth mentioning that it's not a complete loss.

Also, your web experiences will depend somewhat on what theme is used.

HTH,
Geoff.