[orca-list] Orca and the speech-dispatcher env variables

Hello,

Can somebody tell me if there is a different method which Orca can use to 'know' where it can find the socket for speech-dispatcher?

In Vinux 3.0.2 it appears to be using the environment variable SPEECHD_PORT, which is set to 6560 (the standard sd port) plus the user's uid.

I have found posts which suggest that for the last couple of years sd has only used the SPEECHD_ADDRESS variable.

I am trying to help somebody configure Orca to run on ICEWM and we cannot identify how Vinux 4.0 (which is also running on the same machine) is connecting Orca to sd.

Does Orca have an alternative method, such as the command line options, to know the port number or unix domain socket for sd?

Mike