Re: [orca-list] Orca randomly increases speech rate

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 06:19:36PM EST, Hammer Attila wrote:
Hi Milton,

This is a Pulseaudio issue, already reported with Launchpad and Luke
I think working this issue.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1267803

This issue already fixed with Pulseaudio 5.0, but Trusty containing
Pulseaudio 4.0-0ubuntu11 package version. Need founding what commit
fixed this issue in Pulseaudio 5.0 version. After this, hopefuly the
fix possible backporting with Pulseaudio 4.0 release.
If you run this situation killall speech-dispatcher command and
press a key, speech rate restoring again.

Unfortunately, this isn't nearly as easy to solve as I first thought. I am yet to find a single commit that
fixes this, which leads me to believe that it is multiple commits that solve this in one way or another. In
particular, the code I believe is at fault underwent a lot of refactoring in pulse 5 development, so
backporting the fix may be difficult. In addition, bringing in large code changes to a stable release as an
update is frowned upon, so I cannot give an ETA as to when this will be fixed, and even if I find the fix, it
may be too big a change to be allowed in as an update, due to its potential for introducing other regressions.

Luke