[orca-list] orca trouble with lightdm login

I am trying to log in to my desktop via lightdm. When I use startx from
a console, I get an accessible session, however, when I use lightdm and
log in, only gtk apps that I start manually are getting accessibility. I
have tried exporting the necessary gtk modules in /etc/profile, as well
as /usr/lightdm/Xsession but neither is working. I notice that when I
use the startx method, at-spi is started as one of the early processes
in my session before my panel and file manager, however, when I use
lightdm, it doesn't start until much later. When i use printenv in a
terminal, the modules show as exported. Any advice on why this might not
be working would be greatly appreciated. To sum up, when I use startx,
everything comes up reading correctly, however, I would really like to
get the display manager working. I am not looking for a talking display
manager, I am only looking for an accessible session after I log in.