[orca-list] how to learn and start using orca

Hi guys

I think that's a big problem. I can't find any starter for someone who would like learn how to use orca. I mean a person without a sight. After a short introduction a person should be able to go by themselves.

For example:
1. An article showing the basic usage of orca, allowing one to enter orca preferences and read the shortcut keys. Preferably with an audio version of the article. 2. Having knowledge from point 1, one should be able to read the help and other online resources.

As for point one, it's not very difficult. If one has someone to guide them, it's easy to gain the basic knowledge described in point 1.

But for point 2, that's impossible. I don't know how to read yelp. I press the Help button and the only things I can read with flat review are the labels of the buttons, menu items and scroll bars. I can start ReadAll command, but that's not enough to use the manual.

If I cheat and use the structural navigation commands (which I should not know, because I can't read about them), I can read the help page, but not in a continous way. I don't know how to use structural navigation to effectively read a webpage, for example the first orca help page in yelp. I wanted to go by paragraph, but there's only one paragraph there.

Is there any idea of how a blind person can start using orca? Let's have this idea written somewhere, preferably at Orca wiki page [1]. Currently if one tries to follow Configuration/Use link they land in "This page does not exist yet".

Jarek

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Orca