Re: [orca-list] orca-list Digest, Vol 98, Issue 24

Depends on the desktop you use. It will come with Gnome 3.10 in the repositories but with Unity 3d installed by default. All you do is sudo apt-get install gnome and keep lightdm as your display manager. I'm currently using 13.10 with Gnome as the desktop instead of Unity 3d and it is working out great. I will be doing exactly the same with 14.04. Don't let that old Unity version keep you from all the new features of the upcoming release and all the a11y fixes in Orca available in that version.

On 3/15/2014 9:42 AM, Glenn wrote:
Will it be as accessible?
Message: 1
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 15:59:19 -0500
From: Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com>
To: Glenn <glennervin gmail com>
Cc: "<orca-list gnome org>" <orca-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Installing Ubuntu 12.04 troubles

Congratulations. Honestly, though, can't say as I know why you're even
bothering with 12.04. We are one month away from a new long-term release.
14.04.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2014, at 11:38 PM, Glenn <glennervin cableone net> wrote:

Well, no matter how many times I tried, I could not get Orca to talk when
the installer launched.
So this time I rebooted again, but I had a family member start the
launcher
and go in.
Then I ran Orca for the first time after booting up, and guess what, it
spoke during the install program, so it is installing now.
Glenn

The manual is at