Re: [orca-list] vinux on optiplex 7010

It's very unlikely that the hardware is going to matter with orca. If the machine has a sound card that linux supports, then it's not so much about the hardware as it is getting the right operating system and version of orca working together.

As it happens, the Math department at the University of Wisconsin has about a million of those Optiplex 710s. We run debian wheezy on them which runs fine. I can guarantee that debian linux has a driver for the sound card. That is no surprise, of course. It's been my experience that the version of orca that is in debian wheezy doesn't work very well. My own workstation is still squeeze.