Re: [orca-list] Enabling Espeakup on Ubuntu 14.04

This is likely the wrong forum, b ut you can at the point you described, simply trun the command sudo espeakup and if you are lucky, should have speech at the console.
the command:
sudo /etc/init.d/espeakup start
might also work.
This only will work in true consoles, but I assume you know that.
HTH, Willem