From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of luciano de
souza
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:42 AM
To: orca-list
Subject: [orca-list] Accessible console text editors

Hello all,

Seeing a Youtube lesson, I heard something about vi. I tried: vi myfile.txt.
I could easily read a pre-existent file. However, when I try to create a new
one and edit it in the Vi environment, I wasn't successful. I did the same
experience with nano and the result was similar.

So my question is: are there accessible console text editors?
Sometimes it's useful to edit some short peace of codes when programming.

I heard also something about Emacs. It's a very powerful tool. I suppose it
fulfills what I am looking for. However, Emacs seems to be so complex that
it's very difficult even to start it. What I am searching for is simpler
than it. I was not able even to configure Emacs, so I think the learning
curve is very, very high.
--
Luciano de Souza