Re: [orca-list] Making keyecho and character reading consistent

Hey José.

On 06/06/2014 12:09 PM, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:

If I press the accent symbol followed by a, orca reads a.

Are you saying this resulted from my change, or are you pointing out
another issue you have? If the former, I need more details. If the
latter....

If the accent symbol is one keystroke and the "a" is a separate
keystroke, I would think Orca should present just "a" as a result of
keyecho because you pressed the "a" key and not the "á" key. If you want
it to not present just "a" in that case, but instead "á", then try also
enabling character echo.

The change I made should not change keyecho itself. What it changes is
that when AT-SPI2 tells Orca that there was an accessible keyboard event
for an apostrophe, Orca always says "apostrophe" -- not "quote" when you
type it but "apostrophe" when you arrow to it. Before the change, Orca
looked up the key/character name when you arrowed to it but not when you
pressed it.

Thanks!
--joanie