[orca-list] Reading PDF Books

I thought I would give a try to read a PDF book for the first time in
gnome. I may be stupid here but is Document Viewer Evince? I thought
Evince was the actual program to be used. At the moment, I cannot open
a PDF at all without crashing fatally. What happens for me is if I
choose Open with Document Viewer from a context menu on a pdf file, I
get into the application and I can press F7 to be cursor tracking is
on. So far OK. With this book, there is a table of contents so I
thought I would move the caret down to a desired chapter; then I
tabbed over once to see a document view pane. But as soon as I pressed
downarow, the program quit immediately and left me back in Nautilus.

What am I missing here? Oh, I am using the latest Arch Linux and orca
master current as of today.