[orca-list] unmuting sound or turning up volume on sonar 13.10?

Hello both on a virtual machine, and when running nativly off the live cd doesn't matter witch I appear to get no sound on sonar 13.10 I am using irt on a gateway desktop amd 1.5 ghz dool core 6 gig ram.
real tek soundcard
is there any shortcuts or anything I can do to get sound working? this only happens on my desktop with vmware , and nativly both non vm and with vm.
Hank