Re: [orca-list] Orca bug report and constructive conclusion

Dear,
And would You tell Me, if this repaired Orca version is being included to The Ubuntu development builds? If no, would You give Me direct link to access The master branch with repaired Orca version? Must i use sVN check out? It is no problem for me, but i must know The link to fetch The source code. I AM very sad, because I have thought, that i would simply repair this bug by copy structuralnavigation.py file to The USR/share/pyshared/orca. But unfortunately, when i have copied the .py file from The functioning older Orca release to The Ubuntu 10.10 live file system in RAM to The correct .py files Orca location, Orca ignored this module so The structural navigation have stopped to work. How i can add one module to The Orca python modules with no need to use ./configure
make
make install
Or it is not possible to work by this way and i have to always fetch The responding Orca source code and i must really type
./configure
make
make install
I have thought, that Python will automatically compile Python bite code if new .py module is inside /usr/share/pyshared/orca folder. I did not find the .pyc files related to Orca while running Ubuntu 10.10 live CD.
I had to run Nautilus as root to access The subfolder with Orca modules.
I have found out, that Orca debugger is amazing and that even blind user would be able to constructively cooperate with Orca developers.

I have last plea.
Would be possible to have Two versions of Orca installed in The Linux system? For example, one compiled Orca variant from source, which is stable and next, experimental version, which i would like to modify? Because there is no alternate screen reader for Gnome for now, and it is preventing blind users with no sight to cooperate with You in The Orca development. Older versions of Gnome, gnome 2. X have supported LSR, SUE screen reader, which have been based on LSR from IBM. And there was even old screen reader Gnopernicus written in C++, so user would theoretically cooperate more effectively with Orca developers than today.

Thank You very much for Yours answers.
With kindness regards.
Janusz Chmiel

-----
Zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Zkontrolováno AVG - www.avg.cz
Verze: 2014.0.4259 / Virová báze: 3705/7095 - Datum vydání: 15.2.2014