Re: [orca-list] Updating Orca

Hello James,

Before anyone can answer your questions it might help us to know
exactly which Linux distribution you are running, what version you are
running, and exactly how out of date is your copy of Gnome and Orca.
All of these things are factors that need to be considered when
talking about updating Orca and your accessibility stack. There are
cases where you simply can't upgrade from one version of Orca to a
newer one without upgrading Gnome, your accessibility stack, etc as
well.

That said it might also help to know which version of Libreoffice you
are running. I have LibreOffice 3.5.7 running on a copy of Ubuntu 12.3
with Orca 3.4.2 and LibreOffice works fine. I also have a test machine
running ubuntu 13.10 with the latest copy of Gnome and Orca available
for Ubuntu 13.10 and LibreOffice seems to work fine there as well. So
I'd like to know what you are running so I might be able to help you
further resolve your problems.

Cheers!