Re: [orca-list] {OT} how to use get-iplayer?

I've used get_iplayer alot over the years, but at the moment am having issues recording because of rtmpdump
errors, that do not make sense as I do have a newer version tha n the minimum required, maybe too new?
A nyway, I have not done many, hardly any searches ever, mostly I just look at the index of shows, using less
so they don't scroll off screen before I can read them.
New shows are shown first, and then the entire available index, and when I want a show or shows I just use it
with -g and the index numbers, occasionally another option.
It sounbds like your show was taken down for some reason, but I'm in a hurry, can't investigate things right
now. I usually do podcasts from a podcast program like gpodder, even thunderbird at times, and use
get_iplayer for video, TV shows.
For shows that are not podcasted I' do not have experience, i;.e. not used get_iplayer to look for radio
programming, only tv.
I use stream-ripper, and set it up to record at a certain time if I want something from an audio stream and I
know the hour, so this should certainly work for BBC content that's not podcasted.
As I mentioned, I'm running right now, but please feel free to contact me off list and we can set up a time
to talk about this, and trouble shoot get_iplayer issues perhaps.
One thing I'll mention, some content is never available with get_iplayer it seems, can't remember about
steaming it from web_site in browser. This is web-only stuff, and most if not all with captions, sign
language or enhanced audio as I recall.
Let's talk later, tomorrow or after, won't be able to today.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  D. A. H. wrote:
Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 03:32:28PM -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to get the first episode of a radio drama series, "Good Omens",
which was broadcast recently on Radio 4.  Last week, I used the command:

get-iplayer "Good Omens" --future

and got numbers which, I assume, correspond to the streams for episodes?
Now that the program of interest has aired, I cannot get get-iplayer to show
anything matching "Good Omens".

How are people using free software to listen to BBC radio?

Thanks,

Dave