Re: [orca-list] Sonar linux

hi
I think I know the problem. Any time an update to pacman or
manjaro-keyring is needed, the gui program will complain about not
being able to initialize pacman. Just run udo pacman -yu in a
terminal. This is the only time you'll need to do this. Otherwise the
gui program, called pamac, will work just fine. The only exception is
if there's some king of gpg error, such as a key not being able to be
imported or signed, which is rare.
Thanks
Kendell clark

Michael Weaver wrote:
I wasn't able to find an open WIFI to be able to fetch Orca for use
with Mint. Is the version of Sonar downloaded from Sourceforge a
later version than the one on the download page of the
www.sonargnulinux site? I ask because I tried the version which was
first based on Manjaro I think a few weeks ago and I was unable to
update the system either from the Gui as it insisted I upgraded
from the command line before I could use the Gui and something
about Pacmanor I got a message like command not found and any time
I tried to select all updates I got something along the lines of
unable to initialise Pacman. I am wondering if these are just
affecting the Gnome based Sonar and if I was correct to search for
the Mate Desktop version or whether lacking a WIFI connection
caused the issues on my first attempt to use Sonar or to at least
get the system up to date.

Sent from my iPhone