[orca-list] Sonar linux

I wasn't able to find an open WIFI to be able to fetch Orca for use with Mint.
Is the version of Sonar downloaded from Sourceforge a later version than the one on the download page of the
www.sonargnulinux site?
I ask because I tried the version which was first based on Manjaro I think a few weeks ago and I was unable
to update the system either from the Gui as it insisted I upgraded from the command line before I could use
the Gui and something about Pacmanor I got a message like command not found and any time I tried to select
all updates I got something along the lines of unable to initialise Pacman.
I am wondering if these are just affecting the Gnome based Sonar and if I was correct to search for the Mate
Desktop version or whether lacking a WIFI connection caused the issues on my first attempt to use Sonar or to
at least get the system up to date.

Sent from my iPhone