Re: [orca-list] Orca and braille display not communicating

Hello,
What I have suggested to Hrvoje might also help to you I guess.
The issue is that since gnome 2 days graphical desktop has usually been spawned on a tty 7. You were able to change to text only console e.g. by pressing ctrl+alt+F1, ctrl+alt+F2 and similar and you were able to go back to your graphical desktop by pressing ctrl+alt+F7. In one of the gnome 3 versions in combination with move from init scripts to systemd this is no longer the case. Graphical desktop started via GDM usually starts at first available tty. When you are not running anything else and you are just using GDM to bring up your gnome this will usually be tty 1. So it's why we are tweaking setting from 7 to 1. Try it out and you will no longer have to start brltty in the gnome terminal. You will be able to keep it running as a systemd service.

Greetings

Peter